Home Page Play games in the arcade Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to blissbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Possible regression in firmware.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:44 pm 

On my port 3 my playstation 2 and dreamcast controller will not work. It works on all other ports. I have flashes it multiple time with different firmwares. On the older ones such as a 1.51 and 1.54 it works good. But on 1.55.1 and 1.56 (from your emulators test thread) it has stoped working.

Other controllers work on port 3, such as gamecube, n64, saturn etc work fine.

I understand this is a holiday, so i don't expect any thing any time soon. Just wanted you let you know and see if you see similar problems. Thank you and happy holidays!

Post subject: Re: Possible regression in firmware.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Your not the first to report this. Are in in the US? all 4 work for me on 1.56, your welcome to try it.
http://spawnlinux.ddns.net/DoCz/down_m/temp/156.hex

Seems some non US DC controller do this on port 3. If the 4-play Logo faces you, and the USB is down, counting clockwise from the left most port. ( this is port 3). This port is a bit flaky with some controllers and we have not yet figure out why.

Though all 12 of my DC controllers I have tested work ok. I found 4 unique version of the DC controllers. Apparently there is another (blue label in most cases, not all) that does what you say. In other case this controller does not work on any port. I have yet to find one. I have a few of the blue labels here working ok.

Bliss-Box- a usb adapter for all controllers

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:46 pm 

I am in the us. with the usb port pointing down it would be port 2. All my dreamcast controlls are official and marked on the back as "HKT-7700"

As for my ps2 pads i have tested an official("SCPH-10010") and a gamestop 3rd party one("BB-122 wired controller")

The dreamcast and ps2 pads will not work on port 2, every other port they work fine.

Something i noticed, when i flash the older firmwares on any port it always succeeds, but when i try and flash them with the newer firmware such as 1.56 it always said it fails. Every port seams to work fin but port 2, and even then it is just ps2 and dreamcast controllers that don't work, from what i have seen

"error flashing device
download failed"

i'm sure i am flashing it right with the button held down as i can flash 1.54 perfectly fine then try and flash 1.56 and it fails. This is with the update button held down the whole time updating the firmwares back to back with out letting go of it.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 35.13 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't mean the controller were not official, they were even marked "HKT-7700".

Though I dint see the ps2, now I do... That changes things. The fact that the firmware fails is an indication that something may be wrong with the port. This is beyond fixing as there is no way to re flash the bootloader to the port. If you are sure, 1.56 flashes to port 1,3,4 and not 2 then I'm afraid its not repairable. I'm not sure what makes it work on the old firm wares and will have to think more about that. The ps2 and DC do not share any pins. So it must have to do with the size of the firmware. If the Box is in warranty, you could return it. You can work that out an email, see return policy on main page.

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:19 pm 

i was thinking it could be damaged that but all the ports fail at the same spot with the new firmwares. If i flash an older firmware it flashes fine, it only fails with the newer ones.

I mean if it was damaged why would the older firmwares flash just fine but not the newer version?

Also i have had it way longer than 30 days so i would be out of the return policy.

model BB-401a 08-15-2015 flashed 1.51 if that helps any.

Last edited by nihilisticEevee on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

You replied too fast, I edited that post a lot.

Hold that thought, I may have figure it out. I was able to recreate that here.
[removed link in favor of new FM]

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:38 pm 

got the link, i will test now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Ok check this one out.
http://spawnlinux.ddns.net/DoCz/down_m/temp/156.hex
I updated it.

Turns out the power up time (2 milliseconds) was not enough for port 2, I had to bump it up to 3. So it was a port problem (hardware) after all. But! fixable ;) Marry Christmas.

Oh, but the not being able to flash 1.56 worries me a bit, I was able to .

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:17 pm 

1.54 was the last firmware port 2 was working with dc and ps2 pads.

"4-play(1.53) - 1.54 is beign reloaded this is curretly the latest stable.hex" i was unable to flash.

I guess the time i took to test, you replied again.

After flashing the new 1.56 i get no flashing error and dc and playstation controllers work in port 2 again.

then i tried to flash the old 1.56 and i didn't get that error, i don't know what happened. I flashed it multiple times before resulting in that error. I must of had a bad download. Anyways it works now.

Thanks you so much and happy holidays!

Attachments:
File comment: 4-play(1.53) - 1.54 is beign reloaded this is curretly the latest stable flash error
1.53 other.PNG
1.53 other.PNG [ 42.96 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to here it :)

Compatibility List

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 10 posts ]