Home Page Play games in the arcade Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to blissbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Some questions before buying the 4play blissbox …
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:06 pm 

Dear blissbox community,

I was reading a lot here and also watched most of the videos which are published on the website and in the wild wild web, though I have some questions, please. As money is some kind of rare for students, I wonder if I should sell my consoles and games, keep my controllers and purchase a 4play blissbox …

The most important question to me is: is the hardware already final, or will there be some changes in the future?

Another important question is, when will users be able to choose from a set of cables/adapters when ordering?

PS: Also I didn’t really find a nice little guide on how to update the firmware—please, via terminal—on (always latest) macOS or Debian GNU/Linux.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Post subject: Re: Some questions before buying the 4play blissbox …
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

"The most important question to me is: is the hardware already final, or will there be some changes in the future?"
Based on your intro its hard to say what hardware you mean? If Bliss-Box, then yes its final but the firmware is ever evolving. There are a few hardware limitation for very obscure things like the gamecube to GBA cable. Though the limitation is in the cable not the bliss-box so that could be addressed. Thus far there is no controller we found that will not work allowing a cable modification. This goes back to 2007. I'd say that means its design is pretty final.

"Another important question is, when will users be able to choose from a set of cables/adapters when ordering?"
This is ready now. https://bliss-box.rallyup.com/ and it is live but we are not advertising it yet. Mainly because paypal can't figure out there own shyt. We want to have full paypal support so that everyone can have two payment options. Anyone that reads this is welcome to place there order. The target end date may change. Feed back is very welcomed.

" Also I didn’t really find a nice little guide on how to update the firmware—please, via terminal—on (always latest) macOS or Debian GNU/Linux."
There is nothing official on this yet. The best guy to talk to is atarigalore but I'm not sure he has a solution yet. He does have the most knowledge on the subject.

Bliss-Box- a usb adapter for all controllers

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:30 pm 

Dear @ulao, thank you for your answer!

ulao wrote: Based on your intro its hard to say what hardware you mean? If Bliss-Box, then yes its final but the firmware is ever evolving. There are a few hardware limitation for very obscure things like the gamecube to GBA cable. Though the limitation is in the cable not the bliss-box so that could be addressed. Thus far there is no controller we found that will not work allowing a cable modification. This goes back to 2007. I'd say that means its design is pretty final.

Yes, I was indeed speaking of the Bliss-Box itself. I wondered if the PCB would be changed, or if it’s really just firmware updates in the future …

ulao wrote: This is ready now. https://bliss-box.rallyup.com/ and it is live but we are not advertising it yet. Mainly because paypal can't figure out there own shyt. We want to have full paypal support so that everyone can have two payment options. Anyone that reads this is welcome to place there order. The target end date may change. Feed back is very welcomed.

Wow, cool. So we can pre-order the Bliss-Box itself and all the cables we want. That’s perfect. : )

ulao wrote: There is nothing official on this yet. The best guy to talk to is atarigalore but I'm not sure he has a solution yet. He does have the most knowledge on the subject.

Alright, I’ll do so when having all hardware in front of me, heh.

I’ve got one more question, though. Could the sticker on the Bliss-Box be removed without glue rests?

Again, thank you very much! Seems I’m going to sell my consoles and games maybe and purchase a Bliss-Box and maybe some control pads … it’s a shame those SLS Sega Saturn USB Pads are so super rare …

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

This is what I was referring to the pcb has not changed in over 7 years, we don;t see that happening on this product.
This Bliss-Box was %100 the same other then the 4 players. The 4-play is actually 4 Bliss-Box boards connected to a hub chip. If any changers are to be made it will not be the same product. This one is final.

I'll answer your other question on PM.

Bliss-Box- a usb adapter for all controllers

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:36 am 

You can use my linux flasher to flash my custom firmware or the official firmware.

http://www.facebook.com/4playfix

http://atarigalore.wixsite.com/4play

it runs from command line, no gui for linux yet.

no mac flasher but I recently got an intel mac so it may happen.

the linux flasher was tested on ubuntu and suse, suse being what i compiled it on.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ]