Home Page Play games in the arcade Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to blissbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Another way to change the dpad mode
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 am 

Hi ulao,

I have a request for changing the dpad mode, specifically with the original dreamcast arcade stick http://segaretro.org/Dreamcast_Arcade_Stick. Per default the joystick is mapped to 11 12 13 14 (so it is basically the dpad of a dreamcast controller). x is 1, a is 2, y is 3, b is 4, z is 10 and c is 9, start is of course 6. with this controller I cant change the "dpad" to analogue as it has no l and r buttons. I get that z and c are mapped to 9 and to 10 so that this button assingment is streamlined throughout the 6 button controllers, but would it be possible to implement a button combo for changing the dpad mode with this controller, for example 9+10+start? or better yet, do you have any other idea? i am doing this for now: connecting a regular dc controller, doing the dpad change combo, plugging my arcade stick back in without resetting. doing this everytime kind of sucks on the long rung. xbox mode also is not a viable solution with this controller, as z and c complete stop working (why not assign them to the bumpers of the xbox controller in xbox mode?)

Sorry for the long post, I did not know how to get it shorter. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Another way to change the dpad mode
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:07 am 
Site Admin

I see your point, yeah this is an easy addition.

I'm not able to test this at the moment but give it a try if you like.

Attachments:
udlr-test.rar [27.19 KiB]
Downloaded 4 times

Bliss-Box- a usb adapter for all controllers

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

I just had a chance to test it and it works. This will get pushed upstream for 1.56.1.

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:22 pm 

Sorry that I did not have the time to test it earlier. I just tested the firmware, it works perfectly. Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Ok great!, I'll makes this part of the code, thx for contributing the idea :)

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 am 

Its me again, this time with the same problem, but with a different controller, the Nes Classic Mini Controller. Of course this controller is interpreted as a regular Classic Controller by the blissbox, Dpad being 11-12-13-14 , select 5, start 6, b being 2 and a being 4. The dpad not being interpreted as analog sucks, but I dont know what kind of button combination you could implement with this little amount of buttons. Any ideas?

edit: i am using another classic controller to switch the dpad mode and switch back to the nes classic mini controller for now...

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

The new 2.0 code, to be out soon and 1.56.2 (that I may release first) has a new d-pad only mode. If it sense that the analog sticks are missing (or still) it goes in to d-pad only mode. That auto maps the 11-14 to the respected analogs. Once it detects a stick moment it auto maps to 11-14.

Compatibility List

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:04 pm 

That sound super clever. Does that mean that as soon an analog stick is even moved the blissbox knows what to do? Sound great. I can image, that MAYBE, just maybe, there may be some edge cases where you launch your game, lets say for some ps1 game with a dualshock controller, and use your dpad as a dpad, but because you did not use the analog stick it will interpret the dpad as analog instead of 11-12-13-14. How is a scenario like this prevented?

Edit: I guess we would have to just get used to moving the analog stick once after connecting, I'd be totally down with that.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:33 am 
Site Admin

No there is no way to avoid using the analog stick. Most all sticks are not centered anyways. Just picking up the controller normally moves is. Though yes that is possible but very unlikely. Easy fix though, just hit the stick.

Compatibility List

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ]