Home Page Play games in the arcade Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to blissbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 
  Print view | E-mail friend
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Your History Of PCs...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 pm 

From your first to resent, including with the experiences that came along with it...

(1989 - 1992) The Atari ST - My first personal computer, did more then just play games on it... ;)

(1992 - 1997) A 1989 Toshiba "T3200" Laptop - My actual first PC with MS-DOS 5. I used this for writing many novels and playing Qbasic Gorillas for endless hours, though the "orange" screen-of-death was hard on the eyes...

(1997 - 2001) The 486 PC w/ Windows 98 - A friend gave me and what a piece of crap that was. Constant lockups and errors, hated that sucker, but dealt with it for two years until one morning: it died. Never heard the term "backup" so ya know what I was going though at that point... I took that sucker out and actually hacked it with a twin-bladed battle-ax (did I mention I collect Middle Age type weapons?). Yeah, my friends thought I was nuts, but they did mention something about getting "rid" of it, so I did... LOL

(2001 - 2007) A PI 246 w/ Windows 98 SE - A pretty decent computer (my first "attempted" self-built PC), never had any problems with it. It was the PC I did a lot of graphic designing and SNES emulating upon, though it's death in 2006 really hit me hard...

(2007 - PRESENT) My PIII 866 w/ Windows 2000 Pro - Never a complaint (my second "fully" self-built PC) and still running great to this day. Only problem I have is with Win2000's buggy "pain-in-the-side-as-a-thorn" networking problems. In all due time, just learned to work around it... ;)

-- The Drifter's Docs --
Covering - Computers, Gaming, & Articles...

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Your History Of PCs...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 pm 

80s: TI-99 4/A computer introduced me to Basic programming and Ext Basic. Played quite a few great cartridge and cassette games on this computer including some Atarisoft titles. Still have one that works :)

90s: Packard Bell 486 33 mHz Windows system that I later upgraded to 83 Mhz. Played a few games on it and used Prodigy to get connected online.

Got an Acer in the later 90s which utilized Windows 95 and eventually 98. I think it was 200 MHz and used a Celeron processor if I recall correctly. Played games like Die Hard Trilogy, Future Cop LAPD, and Motoracer on it. Favorite controllers: Microsoft Xterminator gamepad and Cyclone multibutton joystick with twist action.

2000s: Compaq Presario Windows XP laptop and spent large amounts of time in forums online with it. Played Total Immersion Racing and some classic games compilations on it and have a X-Gaming Tankstick to use with it to this day. I've also enjoyed using my Microsoft force feedback joystick to play some of the games.

For the past year and a half I've been using a Windows 7 Toshiba laptop that is not able to play many of the classic games I have due to incompatibility issues and my unwillingness to get working on DOSbox. I use it mainly for email, video editing, and online reading. It does not have a good capability to play newer games due to a rather slow processing speed. . . So I'm primarily a console gamer.

Report this post

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ]